Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hopscotch Mat

Along with the wall art I made for the kids for their birthdays last spring, I also made these cute hopscotch mats. I found the idea and directions here. I purchased a drop cloth from Canadian Tire, and ended up making 2 of these mats, plus some other creations I will post about later. Definitely a good use of the $10 for at least 4 gifts. I had a lot of felt handy in my crafting stash, so it was easy enough to put together.

This was a 10 o'clock at night project that needed to get finished the next morning, so needless to say, it wasn't perfect, but the kids did enjoy it. If I were to make it again, I would however put some sort of stickier surface on the bag of the mat, as my brother has since informed me that it is quite difficult to play on hardwood floors.

No comments:

Post a Comment