Thursday, March 17, 2011

To My Grandma,

My grandmother passed away tonight.

I make this post, in honour of her. She was the mother of 5, grandmother to 13, and currently standing at great-grandmother to 14. Right there, you can tell her life was full of many fun times. Death gives us a time to reminisce, which is exactly what I've been doing, and it's funny what comes back.

For instance, my parents went on vacation when I was in grade 5, and my grandparents came over to watch us. I had a test in geology that week, and did poorly. My grandma had to sign my test and then took me aside and told me about how she thought I could probably do better. That was a defining moment in my education, as I knew I hadn't tried on that test, and I COULD do better.

My grandparents sat behind us at church without fail every single Sunday. When we wanted a treat, we always went over to their pew where we could usually find some form of mint or sugar free candy.

My grandparents lived with us for a few months while they were waiting for our condo to be built. Without a doubt, when grandma was missing, she was sitting in the garage enjoying a Coke. Why she had to drink in the garage I'll never know.

I also gained a new respect for my grandma after having children. For staying sane with five kids of her own, she did one heck of a job!

Anyways, grandma, this post is for you. To tell you how much I love you, and how much we will all miss you. I wish you had gotten the chance to meet Little N, you would have loved him as much as you loved seeing all your great-grand babies.


Love always,
ME
xoxoxox

1 comment: