Thursday, May 19, 2011

Summer Wreath

I'd like to thank my good friend over at Jenn, Interrupted for inspiring me to change my wreath come summer. Check her out, she has done some great wreaths, and had a few wreath mishaps to make the experience that much better.

So, without further ado, my finished masterpiece, after a few of my own mishaps. For example, if you think you can make a wreath without actually using a wreath form, just save yourself the trouble, buy the form. I decided that cardboard would work just as well, and after meticulously cutting out numerous "circles" to give the cardboard some structure and shape, I was informed that my wreath looked like a toilet seat cover, and then it got used as a Frisbee. So, lesson to the wise, just go to the store and buy the form before half the neighbourhood makes fun of your masterpiece.



I think it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. As far as letting your toddler help on a project like this, I let her play with the yarn and the felt, but most of the second row of yarn on the finished product I did while she was asleep, so that at least the ending would look a little less "toddlerfied."

4 comments:

  1. awesome. Now I have to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Definitely stealing this idea. See?! Wreath making is addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cute idea! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out great, Jen!

    ReplyDelete