Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bathroom Renovation

I love to read other blogs about home renovations, and our house has had many. We purchased our house a little over a year ago, and are slowly completing all sorts of projects. Today, I thought I would lead you on the adventure of our bathroom renovation. Let's say this was the easiest renovation in the house for me, mostly because my parents came and did the entire thing while we were in Nova Scotia last summer. It was definitely the best thing to come home to.
I've heard that bathrooms and kitchens are what sells a house. Now obviously this was not the case in our purchase, price sold the house, the rest we could work with.






Here's our before bathroom from the previous owners:


The counters were ugly.
The storage room was horrible.
The tiles made me cringe.
And the peel and stick floor was hideous. Although that cute little girl there does enhance the picture quite a bit.

After having owned three of their own homes and helping my brother and sister both do renovations in their respective homes, my parents are definitely getting the hang of everything relating to renovations. This was their third complete bathroom re-haul. I gave direction as to the type of fixtures I wanted to see, but otherwise left everything up to them, knowing full well that my mom was there to reel my dad in when he was picking tile, etc.


I must say, the end product is more than I ever could have imagined. They tiled the entire shower, the floor, gave decorative touches to the tile. New vanity, new toilet, new space saver, new fan, new EVERYTHING.

It's not a huge bathroom by any means, but it has so much more room to store everything and works great for our family. A close up of all the tile work.
I can't thank my parents enough for this renovation because I didn't have to deal with ANYTHING. It was great!

1 comment: