Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Meal - Mushroom, Spinach, Lentil, and Quinoa Salad

I came across this blog post one day while I was searching for a spinach side dish to serve with our chicken dinner. It seemed simple enough, and the biggest selling points, I had enough of the ingredients on hand to make it work. I had to make a few changes from the original post, so here's what we had.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup lentils
1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms
1/4 cup quinoa
1 1/2 cups of spinach
1 clove garlic
1/2 small onion
1/2 cup chicken broth
olive oil
salt
pepper

Directions:
Add oil to pan and brown mushrooms. Remove mushrooms, add garlic and onion. Cook for two minutes. Add lentils, quinoa and chicken broth and let simmer for about ten minutes. Add spinach and mushrooms back to pan and cook for another couple of minutes. Season with salt and pepper as desired.

This was a pretty delicious side salad for a mushroom lover (R), I found it not to bad considering I'm not a huge mushroom fan. Both the kids picked at the salad and ate a bit of it. All in all, we'll add it into our repitoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment