Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday Meal - Carrot Zucchini Curry Soup

Now, I'm not a soup person, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've actually enjoyed eating soup. It started with a really good butternut squash (we think) soup at the wedding we attended on Friday, which led to my rethinking my soup hatred. I came across a Zucchini Soup recipe that was cooked in the crock pot (my favourite machine), so I decided to give it a go, until of course I realized I only had one zucchini left while the recipe was calling for two pounds of it. So, needless to say, I made a few substitutions here and there, and the soup turned out FANTASTIC. We'll definitely be making this one again.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup of butter
1 Zucchini, thickly sliced
3 Carrots, sliced
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
4 cups of water
4 tsp of chicken broth mix
1 1/2 tsp curry
1 tsp sea salt (approximate)

Directions:

1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter, then cook the shallots, onion, zucchini and carrots for a few minutes, to soften and coat the vegetables with butter. Place in the slow cooked and add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours.

2. Transfer to a blender and puree.

No comments:

Post a Comment