Monday, October 10, 2011

Turkey Broth

A few years ago, I would have never guessed I would be the person making my own turkey broth although being as cheap as I am, I should have known better. So, with our leftover turkey bones and my trusty crock pot, I attempted the task, which was surprisingly easy.

I put all the bones, etc. left from our 12 pound turkey into the crock pot, I added two diced carrots, and one cubed onion (a lot of recipes I saw called for celery too, but we didn't have any in the house, so I omitted it), and some parsley (or what I think was parsley, it was green and not labelled). I filled the crock pot close to the top with water and cooked it on low for about 12 hours. I strained the bones out and then put the liquid in freezer bags for later use.

I'm not a broth connoisseur but it smelled pretty good, and since it's just flavoured water, I'm going to say it turned out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment