Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Play Dough Fun!

I like to do at least one fun specific activity per day, be it an art piece, a craft, or baking. I peruse a lot of blogs to find interesting activities and try my best to come up with fun pieces.

One cold day we decided to make play dough.



Ingredients:

2 cups of plain flour
2 cups of coloured water
1 Tbsp. of cooking oil
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 cup of salt
Directions:Place all of the ingredients in a medium size or large pan. Cook slowly on medium-high and stir it until the playdough thickens. Keeps best in the fridge in plastic containers. This is simular to the traditional playdough recipe.
This recipe takes less than 10 minutes.


The only problem we had was that I could not for the life of me find my food colouring, so we ended up adding some green glitter to some of the play dough.


The problem with cooking with a toddler, is that its very hard to take pictures without things getting ruined. We did lots of activities with our play dough, including making Elmo (I never said I was actually artistic).

We ended up rolling out some of the play dough and making Valentine's Day ornaments to send to some of our family and friends for the big day. After two days of drying, we were able to sit down and paint the dough, but for some reason, it appears I didn't take any pictures of the finished product. So, you'll just have to imagine how great they looked!

No comments:

Post a Comment