Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shower Gift

Big N loves to paint, little N likes to watch her. After a comment by a cousin on one of Big N's paintings, we decided to put her skills to work, and make a baby shower present fit for a prince, or princess as the case may be.

I purchased six 5x7 canvases at the dollar store to put to use, what use, I wasn't sure, but they came in handy for this purpose. I had big N paint three of the canvases using the colours of the new baby's nursery.

Yes, painting nude does reduce some of the clean-up. A quick bath washes most of the paint away.


After the painting, I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to do, but I decided I would paint the remaining three canvases black, because I wasn't a fan of the white backgrounds. After some discussions with my mom, and numerous quick emails back and forth, we decided that this what how our gift should look.

Now with a little glue, we stuck the pieces together and made on wall hanging that the recipient can hang whichever way fits the nursery the best. She's receiving her gift this weekend, so lets hope she likes it!



No comments:

Post a Comment