Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Original Works of Art

I mentioned in my last post how my cousin mentioned that she loved Big N's works of art, but I didn't show off how awesome they are.

I was at Michael's on Boxing Day (buying a last minute Christmas gift needed for the next morning), and happened to come across a pack of five 11x17 canvases on sale for $20. Then, when I got to the checkout, I got 50% off my entire purchase, so each one of these canvases ended up costing me like $2. Being on mat leave, I try to be pretty economical with the activities N&N do, since in reality, it's just something for us to do to pass the time and enjoy each others company.

I had an idea that I would have Big N paint the canvases for the artwork in the playroom. This was our first big painting project. She was a little timid at first, but soon she realized that I wasn't going to hinder her creativity and got right into it.



We ended up painting four pieces, two of which hang over the couch in the play room and the other currently resides on top of the shelf.

This was the first piece, which turned out great.

Then, I think Big N got tired, and this is all I could get our of her for the second piece. She had also seen that there were many more canvases, so I think she just wanted to get her hands on them all. We ended with this piece, which is also a favourite, because Big N's little feet prints are throughout it.
This was a random piece that Big N created as she just slammed her hands on the canvas. I quickly took it away from her, as I think it's perfect just the way it is. Maybe someday we can add little N's handprints to it.

Overall, Big N loves painting, so expect to see a lot more posts about it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment