Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Banana Chocolate Cupcakes

I'm not a huge chocolate fan, but Big N is, so for her birthday I wanted to make something that we all could enjoy. Now, I really love banana muffins, so when I stumbled across a recipe for Banana Chocolate cupcakes, I thought I had found the best of both worlds. Now, I ended up making 24 cupcakes, which was overkill for our party of three, but they are super delicious, so I'll throw them in the freezer for treats to use as needed.

I did alter the recipe slightly to fit our family needs, and some alterations, weren't on purpose, but the end result turned out pretty delicious.


Ingredients:


2 cups granulated white sugar


1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour


3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder


1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder


2 large eggs


1 cup mashed ripe bananas


1 cup warm water


1/2 cup milk


1/2 cup canola oil


1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla


Directions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, mashed bananas, water, milk, oil, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Pour or scoop the batter into the muffin cups, about 3/4 full, and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.


The original recipe suggested using a Chocolate Ganache Frosting, but I didn't have the ingredients on hand. So we used a basic buttercream icing recipe and dyed in purple to match our decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment