Friday, March 4, 2011

Sleep.

I have a confession. I CANNOT get through the day without at least a 20 minute nap. I NEED those 20 minutes to recharge, otherwise my patience level runs very very thin. I average about 7 broken hours of sleep a night; Little N wakes up about every 3-4 hours to nurse and I am in the habit of doing things around the house until at least 11 every night. Little N wakes for the day around 6, and Big N around 6:30. Most days we have already done laundry, dishes, breakfast, and an art activity before 9. These are the days I miss work, the days I think I could have been sitting resting while stuck in traffic somewhere. But, then Little N smiles at me, and Big N tugs at my pants wanting to do something crazy fun, so I am brought back to my reality. I love staying home with my kids, although I'm still not sure I have the energy to keep up with them most days. I don't think I would trade my year long maternity leave for anything in the world. THANK YOU CANADA!

No comments:

Post a Comment