Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Elephant

I wanted to wait to post pictures of the artwork we made for my niece and nephew for their first birthdays as I know my sister has a tendency to frequent my blog. But, since the birthday party got postponed, and we aren't sure when we will reschedule, I thought I'd show off our creation.

I had Big N paint an 8x10 canvas using a variety of green tones. And since she is a toddler, it magically morphed into something that was usable. We got her to put large brush strokes up the canvas to resemble grass. And yes, of course that was my plan when we started, and I didn't think that's what it looked like after we were done ;-)

I drew a picture of an elephant using a clip art online as my guide as again, I am no artist, but if I have something to look off of, I can definitely draw it.

We put the elephant on the canvas and TA DA. I decided to frame all the birthday pictures to give it a little more polished look.


I hope Little B is impressed with his new picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment