Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Big N!

Today my baby girl turned two. It's amazing how fast time passes when you start having children. Two years ago today, was one of the most amazing days in my life. The immense joy that comes with the birth of the first child is astounding. Today, I was a bit sad to see her turn two, because it means she isn't really my baby anymore. She is growing into a full fledged independent little girl. I put decorations up for Big N to enjoy this morning when she woke, although I'm not sure she was too impressed to begin with. She walked into the playroom with the immediate response of "out, wall" meaning, get the stuff off the wall. At least it seems my lectures about drawing on the wall are paying off.




We went to the park for a couple hours this morning and then took a trip to the local burger joint for a special birthday lunch. I must say, having two kids at the restaurant wasn't near as horrible as I thought it might have been. Thankfully, the food was quick, and the kids were entertained with the diner atmosphere.


We came home for a quick nap followed by some cupcake making. I'll post the recipe under a separate heading as they turned out quite delicious. We had a lasagna dinner, had some cupcakes, FaceTimed the relatives, and opened some gifts. All in all, I'd say Big N had a pretty fabulous day.

Happy Birthday Big N! Mama loves you very much!

1 comment:

  1. The picture of Big N at SB is amazing! Love it! Also, love her trike. That is a perfect gift!!

    ReplyDelete