Sunday, July 10, 2011

Blueberry Muffins

Blueberries were on sale recently at the grocery store, so of course I took the opportunity to stock up and wound up freezing a few pounds. These are the days I wish I had a bigger freezer than just the top of my fridge because I could have done enough to last through the winter, but alas, we're still debating the big freezer purchase.
I used this recipe as a guide and wound up making my muffins like this:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries

Directions:

In bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In separate bowl, cream butter with sugar; beat in eggs one at a time. Gradually stir in milk (mixture may appear curdled). Make a well in centre of dry ingredients; pour in liquid and stir just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries.
Spoon into large paper-lined or well-greased muffin cups, filling to top. Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch.

These were delicious muffins and since we still have a few blueberries left, I'm excited to make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment