Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday Meal - Broccoli, Lentil and Red Pepper Salad

Can you tell we are big into summer salads? This was a salad made up from a few different recipes combined, so I'll just post what I actually did.

Ingredients:
1 bunch of broccoli
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 can lentils (original recipe called for chick peas, but Big N ate all my chick peas on me)
1/2 red pepper
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Steam broccoli for about five minutes. In a bowl, mix mustard, red wine vinegar, olive oil and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Add chickpeas, red pepper, and broccoli. Toss to combine dressing. Serve at room temperature or chilled.

R commented that my salads keep getting better, so this one is definitely a keeper. We served this with a side of chicken because we are big into protein, but you could definitely make it hearty enough for a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment