Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Meal - Cesar Salad

I have no idea why I've never attempted to make a Cesar salad dressing from scratch before, I always thought it was super difficult. But, it seems, it isn't hard at all. I found this recipe and worked from it.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove minced garlic
1 egg
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp white vinegar

Directions:
Mix ingredients and lightly drizzle over bowl of romaine lettuce. Add croutons and Parmesan cheese to taste.

I wouldn't say I'm a fine diner by any means, but this turned out pretty darn good, and was way less money than buying a bottle of salad dressing, using it once and then throwing it out 6 months later when it was expired.

We served this with some pre-packaged chicken burgers on one of those nights that I didn't want to cook, and it turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment