Monday, May 30, 2011

Dinner Time - Tuna Cakes

For a day when I'm either running late, or just not in the mood to do much cooking, I find Tuna Cakes are quick, easy and surprisingly good. I initially found this recipe from Kraft, and have done a few adaptations based on 1. what's in the house, and 2. what my family enjoys.

Ingredients:
1 can tuna, drained, flaked
1 can of spicy Thai tuna
1 pkg. Stove Top Stuffing Mix of any variety
1 shredded carrot
1 finely chopped pepper of any variety
1/2 cup shredded cheese (have also omitted this)
3/4 cup water (I've never measured?)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp relish

Now, Kraft gives a lot of directions, I don't measure anything and just throw it into a bowl to the consistency that I'm feeling that day. Then, I take a 1/3 measuring cup as a scoop and throw it into a frying pan for a few minutes to heat through.

I find this recipe also works great for those days when you really need groceries, but you don't actually want to go get them. Whatever gets me out of the task for another day is a good recipe in my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment