Thursday, May 26, 2011

Decorative Pieces

A few months ago, I was checking out a blog of a women who was making decorative pieces for her walls out of mirrors and skewers, at the time I thought it was ingenious. So, I promptly bought the skewers, but for the life of me, I couldn't find small round mirrors. On a trip to the dollar store the other day, I found a small round candle holder (I think), and my thoughts ran back to this project.



It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and we took out painting to the backyard. Big N had no idea that we could paint outside and absolutely loved it. Although for some reason the mess seemed to be twice as big as usual. Maybe it had something to do with the fact she had to wear clothes while painting outside.

I have absolutely no clue what we will do with this masterpiece, but it turned out pretty cute for being made of skewers, black paint and a dollar store candle holder. Id would look nice outside, but we don't have a lot of places to hang decorative pieces off our twelve foot tall cedar trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment