Monday, May 23, 2011

Dinner Time - Salsa Chicken

I know with two young kids on your hands, it's often very difficult to find time to make dinner, so we've added quite a few meals to our weekly menus that are quick and easy to prepare and are still nutritious and delicious. Since, I have quite a few very busy moms looking for new ideas, I'd thought I'd share some ideas with you.

Salsa Chicken

Ingredients:
Salsa
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Cheese

Now, with these three great ingredients you can make a delicious dinner with about two minutes of prep time. Take your chicken breasts, put them in a baking dish, top with salsa and cheese, bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or so. When I don't have any of my mom's salsa handy, I usually buy Herdez Salsa since it has a little more flavour than some of you general grocery store varieties.

There you have it, your meat is prepared in about two minutes. Throw some potatoes in the oven at the same time, and put a quick veggie together, and your dinner is prepared in about ten minutes.

On another note, I find the later it is in the day the crankier my children get, so the fact that I prepare dinner at 3:30 as opposed to 4:30 makes a surprising amount of difference in the happiness of my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment