Saturday, May 28, 2011

Apple Carrot Muffins

We eat a lot of muffins in this household, especially when I'm avoiding going to the grocery store out of pure laziness. A tray of muffins can easily push us through one more day until we're out of a few more ingredients to make the trip necessary.

I found this recipe and decided I had the majority of the ingredients, so I could continue with the muffins. But, as I started making them, something seemed very very wrong (i.e. there wasn't enough liquid and there was no way it was going to make 24 muffins). So, after quite a few substitutions, I made my own version of this Apple Carrot Muffin, and a few things still went wrong, but the muffins turned out delicious albeit a little on the ugly side (it makes more than 12 muffins, but definitely not 24).

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1-1/4 cups brown sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 carrots, grated
2 apples, peeled, cored and grated

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
In a bowl, combine the wet ingredients. In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the first mixture to the second. Pour into muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment