Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Birth Canvas

If you remember from this post Big N had put her hand prints on this canvas and since then I've been thinking of something to do with it. I came across these birth canvases on etsy and thought I could definitely turn my hand print page into something that would be special about the kids.But, even though I had the idea, it took about two weeks of trial and error to complete the project. I started thinking I was just going to do a cut and paste activity with the project, but in the end I painted the entire canvas. I need to thank my mom and sister for my endless conversations about this project. I think my main concern was that I didn't want to ruin something with Big N's pretty hand prints on it.
In the end, I'm very happy with the end result. For less than $5, this project is definitely one of my favourites. I still need to get Little N's hand prints on his canvas, but I'm not quite ready to fight with a 6 month old on the project yet: I'll wait until my patience is top notch in order to attempt the task.

There are still a few imperfections, but for my first painting experience, I'd say it didn't turn out too shabby. I think we will hang them in the kids room since we recently moved them into the same room, I'll post the entire room renovation in a few weeks when we finally get it complete.



2 comments:

  1. They are excellent, Jen.

    An Artist---you certainly are!!!!

    Marg.

    ReplyDelete