Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Everybody loves a Barnyard Dance

Upon a clearing of the garage last week we stumbled upon a box of my things that obviously my parents had brought from their house, that I had no clue was in existence. This box was filled to the brim with all sorts of things including a pair of Winnie the Pooh footed pajamas that still fit, a little box full of the notes I used to pass in high school, yearbooks, etc. It also contained a bunch of trophies that most people in my life would not expect. Yes, I own at least four trophies that have cows on the top. Cows, you say? You heard correctly. I grew up in a 4-H family, and showed Dairy cows for eight years of my life, and I wasn't half bad, hence the trophies. So, I'm now trying to figure out what to do with these trophies, because my heart can't just throw them out, but I really don't need to keep them in my house. So, we'll see if I can come up with a great use for them.



Now, to the original point of this post, finding those trophies reminded me that I needed to work with Big N a little bit more on her farming language, especially seeing how her aunt, uncle and two cousins are still very much into farming. On Big N's last trip to the farm, she couldn't stop telling everyone how the cow pooped, and that it was funny.


We made a nice big barn to put on the wall, and started filling it with animals.



As we were going along we sang all the farm songs we could think of including, Old MacDonald had a farm, Down on Grandpa's farm, and quite a few I've made up along the way. Speaking of which, I should really thank Grandpa for teaching my daughter than you can sing songs about ANYTHING. These days, if you're looking through one of her word books, she will ask you to sing a song about ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING. You'd never believe some of the great creations I've made.


No comments:

Post a Comment