Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Banana Prune Muffins

So despite the misleading title, these are actually a pretty tasty muffin. Can you see we've been eating a lot of prunes lately? I think my family LOVES it. I googled prune recipes, and found a muffin recipe that seemed tasty enough, but I made enough variations, that I don't think it was even the same recipe at all. Here's what I did: Ingredients:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 egg
1 cup mashed banana
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped pitted prunes

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil and eggs. Beat until smooth. Blend in banana and vanilla. Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon, then stir into egg mixture until just moistened. Mix in the prunes. Spoon into muffin cups.
3. Bake for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment