Friday, June 10, 2011

Book Review - End Procrastination Now!

After a week filled with studying I thought it was best to show the book I read to prepare me. End Procrastination Now! outlines the reasons why we procrastinate and how to avoid it. All in all, I thought it was a good book. It made me more aware of the reasons I procrastinate, i.e. in the work setting I procrastinate when I'm not sure of how to finish a project and as opposed to failing at the task and getting a poor performance report, I procrastinate hoping either 1. someone else will help in the end or 2. blame it on some other problem. Surprisingly, I'd never actually thought about why I procrastinate before, so this book really did open my eyes. I also procrastinate on projects which I originally undertook because they were fun, I currently have about three crafts waiting to be complete. Now, unfortunately, I didn't read right until the end of this book, because I had to stop procrastinating and actually study for my exam, but I believe they are sitting idle because 1. It's my belief I won't have anything to do once they are completed, 2. I won't have them to complain about once they are completed, i.e. no I can't do the dishes right now, I just have to finish this painting or perhaps 3. they were fun when they started, but after that, the fun is gone i.e. painting the kitchen.

So, all in all, if you're a big procrastinator like I am, you might learn a few things about yourself if you decide to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment