Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lunch Time Madness

Every day around 11am, I start wondering what the heck we are going to have for lunch as I can feel the kids getting crankier by the minute. Then, I open the fridge and hope and pray there are leftovers from the night before, which is the case about 50% of the time, thank goodness. It's funny that I actually have to look because it seems in the 18 hours that passes between supper and lunch I have completely forgotten what we had the night before and whether or not I put anything in the fridge.

But, the other day, I came across a package of frozen sliders in the grocery store with cute little buns, and thought, that they would taste delicious. It wasn't until I brought them home and looked at them a little longer and realized, hey, sliders are just toddler sized hamburgers, duh! So, now once a week we have awesome hamburgers for lunch. Some day when I feel ambitious, I think I'll make our own sliders out of ground turkey or chicken, but for now, the store bought ones are DELICIOUS! With a little mayo and spinach, a side of cucumbers and apples, it's a healthy enough meal for me and the kids. P.S. They are soooo good. R gets mad when he finds out we ate them all without him. The other plus is that the ones we bought comes in a pack of 18, and since we only eat 2 or 3 at a time, they will easily last for a month or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment